Monday, June 16, 2008

Our First Post - Family Update

Wow! Can't wait to see how this looks. Here we go - we're officially "bloggers". So, here's the family update ---

J.P. is still selling real estate. Thank heavens he is an established agent because the housing market continues to be very slow. He is actually doing very well. In a market like this it tends to steer people away from the real estate industry thus eliminating competition for business. There will always be people buying and selling homes regardless of the market so it's nice when there are less agents to share in the madness. What an amazing industry it is. I'm in awe watching what he does. It's very dynamic industry. There is always a lot to learn.

I am an official stay at home mom. I can't even claim to assist my husband in his business since he has hired my replacement. I tried to re-enter the working world in a childcare facility so that I could take the kids with me. It worked for a couple of months then became unbearable. It's unbelievable what a facade they try to put across. Needless to say I am not a fan of childcare facilities. I feel so guilty letting James go to one for such a long period of time.

Speaking of James - he is SUCH a happy camper. I'm so amazed at what a great little boy he has become. He absolutely LOVES ice skating and so how convenient it is that his dad is a hockey player. Once a week they hit the ice and it's so cute to watch how excited James is to go. He is attending Busy Bodies once a week where he is called a Busy Learner and boy he is. He always brings home the neatest art projects and sings the coolest songs. He is also attending summer camp through the city and I'm so impressed with the program. He gets to ride the big school bus to all sorts of different field trips. So far he has gone to the movies, bowling, gymnastics, the library, Chuck e Cheese, Pump it Up, and more. He's scheduled to go to the circus too. He also has a weekly karate class that he is trying to earn his first belt before the end of the summer. We're going to be so sad when this program gets over. But, he'll be starting preschool in August.

Ella turned one at the end of May. She has already taken many steps on her own but she still prefers the safety of crawling. And when she wants to get somewhere she can really put it in high gear. She has three teeth but she's working on getting three more. Watch out if she gets really mad because she knows how to use those three teeth!! She is FINALLY sleeping through the night. This wasn't easy as Miss Ella loves to snuggle when she's sleeping. When she's tired or hungry she loves to suck her left thumb and grab my ear and twist it - hard! I've finally given up on wearing any earrings for now. Ella goes to Busy Bodies as well where we sing songs and play together. It's really fun!

We found Reagle Beagle a new home a couple months ago. He is SOO happy now. He has another dog friend to live with, two boys and a dad that loves Beagles. I went to visit him and he was afraid I was going to take him home with me again. It's so much more peaceful around this house without his howls. We're just happy that he found a great home and we're really good friends with his new family.

So, that's it for us right now. I think this is long enough for the first post. More later!

No comments: